Visa on Arrival in Thailand
Updated on Tuesday 01st August 2017
Rate this article 1 reviewsbased on
The visa on arrival in Thailand is a legal instrument through foreign citizens who want to travel to Thailand but have not applied for a visa can enter the country. An application for visa on arrival in Thailand has to be submitted with the immigration checkpoints in the international airports. Investors who want to establish business contacts in Thailand and further invest in this country also can use the visa on arrival.
Our experts in company formation in Thailand can tell you more about the conditions to be met in order to obtain a visa on arrival.
Application for visa on arrival in Thailand
An application for visa on arrival has to be submitted with the immigration authorities if you want to enter Thailand with this type of visa. Several documents are necessary for being granted a visa on arrival. These are the following:
• An identification document or a valid passport;
• The plane ticket confirming that your stay in Thailand is shorter than 15 days. Other types of Thai visas are available if you want to stay longer;
• The visa on arrival application;
• The receipt for the application fee – 1,000 baht. Please note that this fee can only be paid in Thai money;
• Proof you have an accommodation in Thailand for the entire length of your stay;
• Proof that you have enough money for travel expenses – you are required to present the authorities with evidence of having 10,000 baht for person and 20,000 baht for a family.
A further interview may be required by the immigration authorities in order to grant you visa on arrival in Thailand. If you travel to Thailand in order to open a company, you need a business visa for lawfully staying in this country. Our specialists in company registration in Thailand can help you apply for any type of visa you need and assist you with the documentation for establishing a company.
Qualification for visa on arrival in Thailand
The Council of Ministers of Thailand has issued a list of 19 countries whose citizens are eligible for obtaining visa on arrival. Other qualifications that must be met on order to acquire visa on arrival in Thailand include the following:
• To enter the country strictly for tourism purposes;
• To stay in Thailand for no longer than 15 days;
• To submit one 4 by 6 cm head shot photo taken no longer than 6 months;
• To not fall under the category of aliens prohibited from entering Thailand;
• To notify the immigration authorities the verifiable places to stay and visit in Thailand.
For a detailed presentation of the conditions under which you can be granted visa on arrival, please contact our company registration experts in Thailand.