Obtain a Thai Long Term Visa
Updated on Wednesday 21st June 2017
Rate this article 5 reviewsbased on
Foreigners who want to move to Thailand and stay there on a long term basis have various visa options to choose from. There are specific rules to abide in order to receive a Thai visa. If you want to obtain a Thai long term visa you need to fill in an application with the Royal Thai Embassy. Our experts in company incorporation in Thailand can give guidelines for all citizens interested in this matter.
Thai long term visa options
If you want to obtain a Thai long term visa, there are several options from which to choose, according to the purpose of your travel:
• Retirement visa – people aged over 50 who have sufficient retirement funds can go Thailand with a 90 day non-migrant visa. The Thai Immigration Office can extend this visa into a one year retirement visa. Certain financial requirements have to be met by the applicant in order to have the retirement visa extended: to deposit THB 800,000 in a Thai bank account and a THB 65,000 monthly pension;
• Marriage visa – if you are married to a Thai citizen you are eligible for a long term visa in Thailand. These are the conditions to be met when applying for a marriage visa: you are legally married to a Thai citizen; you have deposited THB 400,000 in a Thai bank account and have proof of THB 40,000 monthly income. The marriage visa does not give you the right to legally work in Thailand. You need a valid Thai work permit which can be easily obtained with your marriage visa;
• Education visa – you apply for this type of visa when you want to study in Thailand, irrespective of the type of educational institution you enroll in. The necessary documents for obtaining an education visa in Thailand are made available by the education institutions, during the admission process. The length of this visa depends on the program you enroll;
• Business visa – this visa allows you to work for a Thai company or manage a business in Thailand. A legal work permit is obtained alongside this business visa. The documentation for visa application can be obtained from a Thai employer or through your Thai company documents if you set up a company in Thailand.
Our company registration specialists are here to guide you through the process of obtaining a Thai long term visa.
Visa application process in Thailand
Obtaining a Thai long term visa requires a few steps to be taken:
• Preparing the necessary documents and visa application;
• Submitting the documents at the Thai embassy or consulate in the applicant`s home country or by email;
• Paying the consular fees of the embassy by cash, credit card or check;
• Processing the visa application – these takes between 5 to 10 working days to complete, depending with the institution where the application is registered.
If you need help preparing the documents for a visa application don`t hesitate to contact our company formation representatives in Thailand for further assistance.